Newsletter Terms and Conditions
The following Terms are constructed around (1) your need for privacy, (2) our need to keep your details in the cloud so that we can actually send the newsletter out to you by email, and (3) our need to use log files to recognise and prevent both spamming and denials of service, as well as prove our case (if need be) that we have been managing your details with diligence:
- Email addresses that are collected for sending newsletters are not used for any other 'sending' purpose (as opposed to 'logging', see below) and are kept in an email address table that is only used for sending out newsletters.
- The email address that we keep in the cloud to send newsletters out to you is not associated with any non-newsletter email data that we might have collected from you in relation to any other services or products that we have, or that we might later collect.
- If, in the fullness of time, that the Xamtasia ™ News facility in any of our apps (such as in Drone Pilot ™) are 'merged in-app' with this newsletter service - such as giving you an 'in-app' facility to subscribe or unsubscribe - we will advise you by email and update these terms and conditions.
- When we have news, we will send you a newsletter by email.
- The content of the news items are not to be treated as legal advice and if any news item might incline you to act, or not to act, you should seek separate legal advice as to the quality of the content, it's context, and upon how you should react in accordance with the particulars of your own circumstances, and not that which is presented, or failed to be presented, in any article or articles.
- The newsletter should not be relied upon to inform you of news that relates to your responsibilities - in short, you should not rely on the newsletter as a trigger to cause you to act to fulfil your responsibilities.
- The frequency of the newsletter may be frequent, or irregular.
- To unsubscribe from a newsletter, just click on the 'Unsubscribe' link at the bottom of any newsletter that we send you.
- If you can't wait for us to send you our next newsletter so that you can unsubscribe, we can do it manually for you: in this case, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will manually unsubscribe you from the newsletter.
- Although clicking the unsubscribe link is automatic and instantly unsubscribes you from the newsletter, it may take us up to 7 days to manually unsubscribe you as we only check the unsubscribe inbox once a week!
- Email addresses that are unsubscribed are deleted and are not shared elsewhere.
- When an email address is subscribed, confirmed, and unsubscribed, we keep a log of the event that includes the browser headers of the page involved in the action.
- Although when unsubscribed, the email address is deleted from the email address table, we keep the logs for a year, and these logs do contain the email address.
- However, a year after you unsubscribe, the logs are removed.
- After a year, we also clear our logs of any subscription requests that were never confirmed.
- We reserve the right to clean up our logs earlier so please do not rely upon them.
- These Terms and Conditions are subject to change without noitice.
- If, and when, we change these Terms and Conditions - and you are presently subscribed to the Newletter at the time of the change - we will email you the new Terms and Conditions.
- Emails that we send you about changes to the Terms and Conditions of the Newsletter Subscription Service will have a Subscription Cancellation link in case you do not agree with the new Terms and Conditions.
If you have any questions about these Terms please email us at email@example.com